SOA Patterns > Basics > SOA Project Fundamentals > Organizational Roles > Enterprise Architect
Although this is not a new role by any means, it represents a position that is greatly emphasized by the cross-application (cross-silo) scope of service inventory delivery projects.
Technology Architects with an enterprise perspective are expected to:
- assist with SOA Adoption Planning and strategy
- author or contribute to enterprise design standards
- become involved in service delivery projects to ensure that agnostic services are properly positioned
- assess service runtime usage and determine required infrastructure
- evaluate security concerns of individual service capabilities
- help define and perhaps even own service inventory blueprints
In larger organizations there may also be the need for enterprise domain architects – a variation of this role that specializes in a particular segment of the overall enterprise. These architects would then be focused on the definition and governance of domain-specific service inventories.
Figure 1 – Enterprise Architects can be involved with just about every stage.